Foot Orthotics are certified orthopaedic devices to correct lower limb kinetic chain deficiencies. They help change and / or control biomechanical forces on the feet. At Promax3 Orthotics we are experts in foot orthotic fitting and fabrication techniques. We ensure the best solution for our clients needs.
Each orthotic is custom-designed and created to meet the biomechanical and lifestyle needs of the client. Foot orthotics can be used for treatment of a number of symptoms or disorders such as:
- Planter Facilities / Heel Spurs - Bunions - Patellar femoral knee pain - Improved athletic performance while reducing the chance of injury - Supination or over pronation
1. Referral from medical professional
2. Initial assessment: A certified Pedorthist will review the client’s physical requirements and lifestyle needs to design the most appropriate orthotics.
3. A state-of-the-art computerized gait scan will be performed. The sophisticated findings from this assessment will be utilized to ensure the best possible orthotic is manufactured for our clients needs.
4. An imprint of our patient’s foot will be taken to allow for a plaster cast to be manufactured at our laboratory.
5. An orthotic fitting appointment is scheduled for approximately three weeks from the time of the initial assessment. During these three weeks the custom orthotics are manufactured to specifications. Please remember to bring appropriate foot wear to the fitting appointment.
6. During the Orthotic Fitting Appointment: Custom orthotics are fit to the client. The client’s comfort and performance while using the orthotics is evaluated by one of our certified Pedorthists and any adjustments are made at this time. In some complex cases, it is necessary to have a second fitting appointment to allow enough time to complete the adjustments.
7. The client will then use the orthotics in daily life and complete a “break-in” period (approximately 2 – 4 weeks). A follow-up appointment can be made at this point, if required.
8. Further adjustments for comfort and performance are made at the follow-up appointment. Following these refinements, the orthotics are considered complete and full use of the devices can ensue.
9. Review and maintenance. Orthotics should be reviewed at least annually to ensure the comfort, performance, and maintenance of the devices. Clients are also encouraged to schedule return visits at any time to optimize the orthotics.
Process for Orthotics fitting: